[uClibc] Re: why doesn't uclibc -msoft-float work like algorithmics -msoft-float?

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Tue Apr 1 01:28:38 UTC 2003

Jay Carlson <nop at nop.com> writes:
> My current opinion is that GOFAST is a Bad Idea on Linux---I repented.

Why?

I'm using a `gcc version' of GOFAST, which is a completely transparent
drop-in replacement for uClibc's math library (so I don't need to change
anything, just adjust my library search path).  Given that it's much
faster than uClibc's math library, I don't see any reason _not_ to use
it (if you've got it).

Note this is on the v850; perhaps the mips version is not as good (or
uClibc's mips math support is better).

-Miles
--
I have seen the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo