[uClibc]Failed build of IBM jfsutils

Joachim Nilsson joachim.nilsson at vmlinux.org
Mon Sep 30 11:38:34 UTC 2002

Hi!

Please CC me in replies since I'm not subscribed.

The subject pretty much says it all. I've tried and failed to build the
IBM jfsutils against uClibc. The Ext2 tools, e2fsprogs, builds fine.

I have used both the GCC wrappers from the uClibc build (0.9.15) as well
as the latest cross compiler tar-ball-build (using the kernel headers
from linux-2.4.20-pre7 with the latest JFS patches). Building and
otherwise using the cross compiler is uneventful, as it should be. :)

Below is a summary of what happens. The ~/Boot/target/ contains a builds
of both the latest uClibc and BusyBox as well as the support libs and
include files for e2fsprogs.

crash at imladris:~/Boot/src/jfsutils-build$
CPPFLAGS=-I/home/crash/Boot/target/include CFLAGS=-O2
LDFLAGS="-L/home/crash/Boot/target/lib" ../jfsutils-1.0.23/configure
--disable-dns --without-fp --prefix=/home/crash/Boot/target/

crash at imladris:~/Boot/src/jfsutils-build$ which gcc
/usr/local/uclibc/usr/bin/gcc

.
.
. Boring perfect build with no references to any GLibC stuff
.
.

crash at imladris:~/Boot/src/jfsutils-build/fsck$ ls
fsckbmap.o  fsckdtre.o  fsckino.o   fsckmsgs.o  fsckwsp.o   xchkdsk.o
fsckconn.o  fsckea.o    fsck.jfs    fsckpfs.o   fsckxtre.o
fsckdire.o  fsckimap.o  fsckmeta.o  fsckruns.o  Makefile

crash at imladris:~/Boot/src/jfsutils-build/fsck$ which ldd
/usr/local/uclibc/usr/bin/ldd

crash at imladris:~/Boot/src/jfsutils-build/fsck$ ldd fsck.jfs
	libuuid.so.1 => /lib/libuuid.so.1
	libc.so.0 => /usr/local/uclibc/lib/libc.so.0
	libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6
	ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2
	/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0

Regards
 /Joachim

--
Joachim Nilsson   <joachim.nilsson at vmlinux.org>