[uClibc]Re: fressh-0.3 works on mipsel. Thanks!

Matthew Bloch matthew at bytemark.co.uk
Mon Sep 30 09:44:23 UTC 2002

On Monday 30 September 2002 06:02, Joseph Chiu wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> Wow - Thanks for that fressh patch.  I was able to use it to cross-compile
> fressh for mipsel, something that's been bugging me for quite a while.
>
> I just had a few more bumps -- my mipsel-uclibc-gcc (built against
> gcc-3.0.4) complained about uninitialized variables and multiline literals;
> and uclibc (perhaps only on MIPS?) returned NULL's for malloc(0).
>
> I fudged the malloc(0) problem by always allocating an extra byte.

Hmmm, yes, I noticed that there were malloc(0)s in the ltrace which almost
corresponded with the crash I saw, but uClibc's malloc seems fine with
allocating and freeing a zero-size block, at least in a quick test program I
tried.  I'll try the sshd under the debugger to see exactly what's wrong...

--
Matthew Bloch         Bytemark Computer Consulting Limited
                                http://www.bytemark.co.uk/