[uClibc]fressh-0.3 works on mipsel. Thanks!

Joseph Chiu josephc at idealab.com
Mon Sep 30 05:02:19 UTC 2002

Hi Matthew,

Wow - Thanks for that fressh patch.  I was able to use it to cross-compile
fressh for mipsel, something that's been bugging me for quite a while.

I just had a few more bumps -- my mipsel-uclibc-gcc (built against
gcc-3.0.4) complained about uninitialized variables and multiline literals;
and uclibc (perhaps only on MIPS?) returned NULL's for malloc(0).

I fudged the malloc(0) problem by always allocating an extra byte.

The resulting static sshd is just under 450 Kbytes, and seems to work great.
Not exactly tiny, but better than what I had before.

Joseph