[uClibc]problem using dlopen() in 0.9.15

Joel Coltoff joel at wmi.com
Thu Sep 19 16:22:32 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to get perl-5.8.0 running on my mipsel system. I've upgraded
to uClibc-0.9.15. The build process wants to see how to call dlsym()
and makes a sample program. I get a segmentation fault when that runs.
If I duplicate the stuff in the configuration script it happens at
runtime and not at compile time.

It makes 2 files. dyna.so and fred from dyna.c and fred.c. Fred does

   dlopen( "./dyna.so", 1);

   gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -D... -D... -fpic -c dyna.c
   gcc -o fred -fno-strict-aliasing -D... -D... -fpic -rdynamic fred.c -ldl
   gcc -o dyna.so -shared dyna.o

This, of course, works on my host. If I copy /lib/libutil-0.9.15.so to
dyna.so it works too. It doesn't find the symbol it wants but it doesn't
get a segfault. That tells me the compiler can be told to create a shared
object. Any ideas on where I can look for the problem?

Thanks.

--
Joel Coltoff

It is appallingly obvious that our technology exceeds our humanity.
    -- Albert E. Einstein