[uClibc]Ax25 libs & uClibc

Stefano stefano at ir3ip.net
Sat Sep 14 18:39:22 UTC 2002

Hi,
I'm working on a router from ax25 hamradio network to ethernet home
connection using a minimal system for x86 based on uClibc (0.9.15), busybox
(0.60.3) and tinylogin. The system encapsulate tcp/ip in the ax25 protocol
and use the active digipeaters on my country, the Supervozelj net (see
ww.ir3ip.net for more informations).
The first system was build with uClibc 0.9.11, now is 0.9.15 but never seems
to be change, and there was a problem:
it works all fine reguarding conversion from ax25 to ethernet (its primary
function) but I never can run daemons for ax25 like ax25d or ttylinkd. There
is a similar trouble when I try to start kissattach: all processes semms to
run well,when you start it, but never seems to stay in kernel space, the ax25
daemon starts and die (if you starts it like background process ax25d & it
became a zombie one), the same thing with kissattach, it starts well but not
stay active.
Does anybody had compile ax25 libs (0.0.9)  with uClibc???
I think there's something I don't know about the way to run a daemon with
busybox and uClibc, I use start-stop-daemon too but without results: it could
be a good example if someone explains me how run a telnetd or sshd.

The last note: there isn't ./include/netax25 in include uClibc path and I
need ax25.h for compiling ax25 applications, currently I made a symbolic link
to /usr/include/netax25/ax25.h.

				Thanks in advance

						Stefano Parusso