[uClibc]Question on rebuilding libraries

Joel Coltoff joel at wmi.com
Thu Sep 12 17:53:15 UTC 2002

Hi,

I've got a simple question on rebuilding the library portion of the
uClibc toolchain. Let's say I've put a mod into a function. How much
of the toolchain do I need to rebuild? On my host I really don't mind
starting from scratch. It's done before I really get going on the Times
(London, of course) crossword puzzle. My embedded system (mipsel) is a
bit slower. It takes about 12 hours to do a complete build and if it's
not needed I'd rather not do it. Is it sufficient to remove all the so
files in .../lib and .o files in .../build/uClibc* or do I also need to
build gcc-final?

Thanks.

--
Joel Coltoff

Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt.
    -- Clarence Darrow