[uClibc]Re: Putting uclibc in a linux distribution?

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 12 06:38:03 UTC 2002

 --- Miles Bader <miles at lsi.nec.co.jp> wrote :
> Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org> writes:
> > > (I'll be looking at busybox as well, eventually, although if it had
> > > a "build seperate little tiny executables" mode I'd be happier.
> >
> > I've often thought about building such a thing into busybox.
> > It wouldn't be especially hard to do...
>
> DO IT!  DO IT!

as for people with x86, having these goodies compiled with tcc would make
it even smaller ! I just started with the latest tcc (x86 only, I know :( )
released 9th of September.

On another note, I also did such a zisofs system 5 months back. I wanted to
demonstrate an embedded system for verilog/analog simulations on a business
card.

Few problems I met then:
 * lfs system wasn't workin with uclibc [ FIXED! with the tips from Evan ]
 * TinyX wasn't workin with uclibc [ FIXED! in the latest CVS ]
 * gvim-6.1 with latest patches was crashing with uclibc + gcc-3.*
     [ FIXED! must change CFLAGS to contain -fno-strength-reduce ]
 * cloop fs was not working yet with busybox
 * zisofs is cool, but it creates a node for each file. The advantage of
cloop for similar performances but *much* smaller size in a single cloop file.

Now that most of the problems above are fixed, I'll give it a shot too. ;)

Christian