[uClibc]New uClibc Configuration System

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Oct 31 18:51:28 UTC 2002

Just as an FYI for those not watching the uclibc-commits mailing
list...  I just committed a new uClibc configuration system.
I've been working on putting together a new config system, on and
off, for about 6 months now.  I've gone through about 10
different iterations, but I've never been very satisfied so far.

Well, I'm finally am happy with the new config system, and so its
now in CVS.  This completely removes the old uClibc configuration
system, and replaces it with an entirely new system based on
LinuxKernelConf, which is available from:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~zippel/lc/
I hacked it up a bit to accomodate uClibc's needs a bit better.
As it turns out, Linus has just merged LinuxKernelConf into Linux
2.5.45, so it looks like I made the right choice.

Thus far I have only updated the config for x86, so currently all
other architectures are broken.  Sorry...  I'll be updating all
the other architectures shortly (but I'll gladly accept patches
if anyone wants to help out).