[uClibc]SH initfini.awk problems ?

Stefan Allius allius at atecom.com
Thu Oct 31 08:20:35 UTC 2002

On Thursday 31 October 2002 08:48, you wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> please make sure you avoid the following commands:
> omitcrti+=1
> omitcrti-=1
>
> Why ? Because you do not test for the proper value before changing it.
> If you really want to stick to an addition/substraction, I would suggest
> omitcrti=1-omitcrti. This will toggle the value each time.
>
> BTW, I cannot make anything of your patch.
> Patch tells me this: "patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch
> input."
>
> Rgds,
> Christian

Hi Christian,

what I want is, to ensure that the omitcrti value is != 0 when I enter the
GLB section (at /SH_GLB_BEGINS/) if we haven't found any
_GLOBAL_TABLE_OFFSET_ keywords (glb_idx==0). Wenn I leave this section (at
/SH_GLB_ENDS/) I have to restore omitcrti to its orginal value, which might
be 0 or 1.
So I think the addition/substraction is the right way.

Remember, the GLB section will, be created by a single macro (==>
initfini.c). So there can be only GLB-stuff between the SH_GLB_BEGINS and
SH_GLB_ENDS keyword.

Bye Stefan

--
Stefan Allius