[uClibc]Resolver and Timeouts

Uwe Beutin uwe at imbrium.de
Wed Oct 16 15:08:12 UTC 2002

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Joerg Schmitz-Linneweber wrote:

> How, if you don't have any information regarding your network env.? You don't
> even have a default gw until now!

Yes, I did a work-around for this.

> I think (one, or) the only solution would be using a (external) DHCP server
> which will supply you with enough information to *completely* setup your
> network env.

Cannot do this for different reasons.

> E.g. it should give you an IP/bc/netmask *and* an IP for the nearest DNS
> server an hint on where to find a gw (and perhaps an IP for a NTP server) and
> the like...
>
> BTW: Which application does the timeout?

Its ntpclient, but this seems to happen only for a weird DSL router
setup at a friends place. It pings and resolves the IP of the
NTP server correctly but the socket never sends to the server and the
timeout is about 4 secs. Weird error that affects my app as it hangs
until it gets a response...

	Uwe