[uClibc]Re: Malloc problem

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Tue Oct 15 10:19:19 UTC 2002

Doriguzzi Roberto <doriguzzi at neuricam.com> writes:
> I wrote a simple piece of code like this:
> If I compile it with the glibc library it works for an infinite period
> of time.  If I compile it with the uclibc library it works until the
> memory (about 7 MB on my embedded system) finishes. Always I get the
> message "Terminated". I checked the memory while the program was
> running so now I can say that it's a malloc problem.

I tried it just now, and it seems to work fine -- it continually maps
and unmaps the same block of memory, with no net growth.

> I'm using the latest uclibc (0.9.15) with the 2.4.18 kernel. The
> processor is an ARM 720T running at 73 Mhz.

_Not_ uClinux, right?  I.e., your processor has a MMU, doesn't it?

What version (or date you got it from CVS) of uClibc are you using?

Can you run `strace' on the process (you'd better get rid of the call
to `write' first, so the strace log doesn't fill up with calls to
write)?

-Miles

--
Would you like fries with that?