[uClibc]Re: Awk poetry ;) [was: awk replacement for initfini.pl]

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Tue Oct 15 04:54:05 UTC 2002

Christian MICHON <christian_michon at yahoo.fr> writes:
> Please note:
> I did not make any use of special features that would be nawk or gawk
> compatible only.

`nawk' is not really a particular version of awk, it's a way of avoiding
a particularly horrible old version of awk on some systems (missing many
many modern awk features, rife with bugs, and otherwise almost
completely unusable; even simple awk programs often won't run correctly
using it).

It's a moot point if redhat doesn't have /usr/bin/nawk though; I suppose
it's more important to support redhat systems than old sun systems.

-miles
--
I have seen the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo