[uClibc]STILL STRUGGLING FOR uClibc

Mr Pink eleclerc at cgocable.ca
Mon Oct 14 15:24:41 UTC 2002

Hello I'm still trying to use uClibc

I have
dev and target architecture: i386
linux kernel : 2.4
gcc: 2.95
uclibc : 0.9.15
busybox : 0.60.4

I can't figure out how to compile an app with it, can someone help me?

UCLIBC :
I. I link the ./extra/Configs/Config.i386 to ./Config
II. I don't change anything in .Config (should I???)
III. I make
IV. I make install

BUSYBOX:
I. I edit the makefile and comment out the first CC=$(CROSS)gcc
and uncomment the
CC=/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin/i386-uclibc-gcc

II. I make and I get :

make: *** [libbb/full_version.o] error 255

Should the DEVEL_PREFIX in the Config file of uclibc be set to / or /uclibc is ok???
My SHARED_LIB_LOADER_PATH in the Config file of uclibc resolves to /uclibc/lib  where the files are installed is this ok???

Should I add /uclibc/bin to my PATH???
Should I add /uclibc/lib to my ld.so.conf and ldconfig -r /

Should I copy anything from any dirs to any other dirs ????

PLEASE I REALLY NEED HELP

I'm a complete NEWBIE in uClibc and Embedded stuff but I'm sure it's a great library and I want a use it.

Thanks Everybody

Mr Pink