[uClibc]Resolver and Timeouts

Uwe Beutin uwe at imbrium.de
Mon Oct 14 14:45:27 UTC 2002

Hi,

I have a problem with resolver timeouts. If my network configuration is
correct, it works quite nicely. But if not, the timeout is around 5
minutes or so. How can I change this to around 15 seconds or so?!

The problem being that e.g. I have a fresh board with a working kernel
image and I boot it in another environment where they have a different
IP config and, most likely, DNS server.

My /etc/rc tries to call an NTP client to set the date. After that, I
run an application that allows you to set the network configuration. But
for setting the name server, I need the resolver and my app hangs for a
very long time.. How can I solve this Catch22?!

Thanks for helping.

	uwe