[uClibc]Shared Lib location

Ian Macfarlane iam at cambridgebroadband.com
Wed Oct 9 12:02:04 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm probably being stupid but here goes anyhow.

When I create a binary that uses one of the uclibc libs as a shared lib
and do an ldd on it it get:

/usr/powerpc-linux-uclibc/bin/powerpc-uclibc-ldd telnetd

        libutil.so.0 => /usr/powerpc-linux-uclibc/lib/libutil.so.0
        libc.so.0 => /usr/powerpc-linux-uclibc/lib/libc.so.0
        /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0

I'm cross compiling for the power-pc. I've installed the uclibs compilor
and libs in /usr/powerpc-linux-uclibc/*. Does anyone know how I can make
the shared libs pointed location point to /lib instead of
/usr/powerpc-linux-uclibc/lib/. I guess I could just carry out an
install with my prefix as "/" but I don't want to have power-pc stuff in
my /lib and /bin dirs.

Thanks