[uClibc]Toolchain for SH error?

Jose Sanchez phantom_stranger at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 27 21:12:28 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 11:36 am, Manuel Novoa III wrote:

> If you really want to try it, see extra/locales/README.
>
> I'd suggest though that you wait another week or so.  By that time I'm
> hoping to have collation support in place and am planning to provide
> some files for download so that you won't need to generate all the
> glibc locales to build the uClibc locale data.
>
> Manuel

Hello Manuel,

Well, I know that through private e-mail I said I was going to wait until the
wizards had provided a better toolchain...but I lied. :)

I went ahead and tried to compile the toolchain again, but this time using the
uClibc snapshot to see what happened. The error I now get is the following:

/usr/sh-tool/bin/sh-uclibc-gcc "-Wall" -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs
-fno-strict-aliasing  -Os -fstrict-aliasing -mprefergot -fno-builtin
-nostdinc  -D_LIBC   -I../../include -I.
-I/usr/sh-tool/lib/gcc-lib/sh-linux/3.2/include -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DL__ppfs_init
printf.c -c -o _ppfs_init.o
printf.c: In function `_ppfs_init':
printf.c:462: `invalid_mbs' undeclared (first use in this function)
printf.c:462: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
printf.c:462: for each function it appears in.)
make[3]: *** [_ppfs_init.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gcc-3.2/build/uClibc/libc/stdio'
make[2]: *** [_dir_stdio] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gcc-3.2/build/uClibc/libc'
make[1]: *** [_dir_libc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gcc-3.2/build/uClibc'
make: *** [/tmp/gcc-3.2/build/uClibc/lib/libc.a] Error 2

So, did I get further down the chain or am I further away from compiling the
toolchain?

BTW, tried changing the TARGET_LANGUAGES setting to c instead of c,c++ and it
seems to work. It went through everything and came back with a "Finally
finished!" message. Well, for now that will have to suffice...as the program
I'm trying to compile is written in C, I hope I can use the uClibc toolchain
for my purpose.

Jose