[uClibc]compiling xfree 4.2.1 with uclibc

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 21 03:46:59 UTC 2002

 --- Stewart Allen <stewart at neuron.com> wrote :
> I'm build a smallish custom linux system from scratch. no legacy distros.
Cool.

<snip>
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/crtend.o:3:471: warning: null
> character(s) ignored
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/crtend.o:3:485: warning: null
> character(s) ignored

Hehehe. You're using the wrapper based on RH 7.x distro. This is legacy.
So far, my TinyX cf files were verified on 0.9.15 and before for the
wrappers. "It used to work." I haven't had the time yet to try the newest
versions on my RH 7.1.

To use more recent versions, you should use a native toolchain as
provided by Erik in buildroot for example, and more important, use
gcc 2.95.3 or 2.95.4 or 3.2.x.

2.96 is not advisable, as it is a RedHat hack, and they do not provide
support to uclibc yet ;)

Christian