[uClibc]Building uClibc for a stand-alone system.

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Sat Nov 16 00:12:52 UTC 2002

On Fri Nov 15, 2002 at 04:34:58PM -0700, Bruce J.A. Nourish wrote:
> The Laptop in question is not up to to building LFS the traditional way.
> It's a Pentium 75 with 40MB or RAM and 310MB of disk space (of which
> only about 265 is available due to swap/etc). That's less than it takes
> to build gcc, with _any_ libc.

BTW, yesterday I posted an already built, fully working ext2
filesystem that contains my uClibc development world (gcc 3.2,
g++, binutils, make, sed, awk, coreutils (fileutils, shellutils,
textutils), make, gdb, strace, valgrind, openssh, etc).  So those
who want to avoid needing to download and rebuild 8 zillion GB of
source code can grab the binary and start working from that.
Just run it under user-mode-linux, or loop mount it and chroot
into it, or add a kernel and bootloader and copy it onto your
hard drive.  Anyways, the whole thing is dynamically linked vs
uClibc and should (I hope!) make developing uClibc apps much
easier.

    ftp://ftp.uclibc.org/uClibc/root_fs_0.9.16.bz2