[uClibc]buildroot can build a uClibc development system

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Nov 14 12:49:30 UTC 2002

On Thu Nov 14, 2002 at 05:44:06AM -0700, Erik wrote:
> Step four, optionally copy any of the tarballs that buildroot
> needs into the sources/dl directory.  If, for example, you
> already have the gcc-3.2 tarball or the linux-2.4.19 tarball,
> just copy them into place so you can avoid having buildroot
> download them once again from the net.

Oops.  I forgot step four and one-half.  In the README file it
describes how to make a /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 symlink.  That is
important, since several of the utilities we build have badly
behaved configure scripts that try to run things on your host
machine.  Making that symlink as described will allow those badly
behaved applications to build as expected.