[uClibc]shared lib problem on ppc with uclibc-0.9.16

Simon Rowe srowe at cambridgebroadband.com
Wed Nov 13 12:49:10 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 13 Nov 2002 10:36 am, Ronald Wahl wrote:

> since uclibc-0.9.16 I have to specify -fpic during _link_-time or else
> I get an error from the dynamic linker when I load shared objects. Patch
> is appended.

I think it's related to the enabling of constructors for C by default, one
solution would be to run the compiler with --uclibc-no-ctors. The binaries
grow somewhat as well.

I've patched my copy to revert to no constructors (as in 0.9.15). It would be
nice if the default behaviour could be configured using the new configuration
system.

--
Simon Rowe
Cambridge Broadband Ltd