[uClibc]uClibc, the resolver, and /etc/resolv.conf

Uwe Beutin uwe at imbrium.de
Wed Nov 13 12:39:51 UTC 2002

Hi List,

libc/inet/resolv.c

I have found that if the first nameserver in the /etc/resolv.conf is
incorrect and the resolver runs into a timeout, the other two are not
being queried...

# /etc/resolv.conf
search qulch.de.
nameserver 192.168.25.1
nameserver 194.25.0.68
nameserver 213.157.0.194

The nameservers are found by the resolver, so this seems to be ok.

I can find the extern char * __searchdomain but I cannot find where this
variable is declared and defined.

If there is only one __searchdomain and the name server is invalid, it
will never get to the next nameserver in the list, will it?!

I don't know how to fix this, can anybody help me, please?!

	Uwe