[uClibc]Re: A question about attribute sections

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Nov 5 16:07:39 UTC 2002

On Tue Nov 05, 2002 at 12:55:27PM +0100, qmai wrote:
> > On Wed Oct 30, 2002 at 02:35:59PM +0100, qmai wrote:
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > I am currently building uClinux with kernel version 2.0.x for the Intel
> > > 80960 SB processor.
> > > I have decided to use uClibc with uClinux.
> > > But I have problems when I try to build uClibc.
> > > There is a file called interp.c which resides in
> > > uClinux-dist/lib/uClibc/libc/misc/internals
> > > And this file can't be compiled because my compiler gives the following
> > > error message:
> > > section attributes are not supported for this target
> >
> > Is your toolchain an ELF toolchain?
> >
> >  -Erik
>
> No, it is a COFF toolchain.
> Can I just remove the file interp.c?

If you are using a COFF toolchain, then interp.o should end
up empty, since interp.c contains

    #include <features.h>
    #ifdef __HAVE_ELF__
	stuff
    #endif

What version of uClibc are you using?  If you update your
libc/misc/internals/Makefile file so that interp.c is generated
correctly, your problem with using a COFF toolchain should go
away,