[uClibc]tinylogin vs uclibc problems

Mr Pink eleclerc at cgocable.ca
Tue Nov 5 01:47:12 UTC 2002

Thanks for the trick related to passwd and shadow files but it still doesn't
work

In fact it didn't asked me for a password but it still gives me a : 'Login
Incorrect'

What I find really strange is that if I do have a password set and I enter
the wrong one it says

Login[19]:password incorrect for root on stdin

and it says 'Login Incorrect'

It really doesn't seem to be a problem when parsing the passwd and shadow
file but when calling
the shell or whatever it does between those two steps.

I know the shell works cause it does when I 'chroot /newroot /bin/sh'
and so is the 'login' cause it works when I 'chroot /newroot bin/login'

Today I tried to disable all 'weird stuff' I had enabled like DOLFS and such
and I changed back my fs type to ext2 (It was minix fs) to make sure it
doesn't come from there but it didn't help at all.

Please can someone help me ...
I'm sure I'm doing something really stupid but I can't figure out where...

Thanks in advance to all of you

Mr Pink