[uClibc]Bug in 0.9.15 ptsname()?

Bruce J.A. Nourish kode187 at kode187.net
Fri Nov 1 20:36:14 UTC 2002

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 07:49:35AM -0700, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Thu Oct 31, 2002 at 09:46:53PM -0700, Bruce J.A. Nourish wrote:
> > I think there's a bug in ptsname(). I ran into it because rxvt kept
> > bombing with "can't open slave tty" errors on my target and build
> > systems. It seems to return null on perfectly good pty file descriptors.
>
> There was indeed such a bug in 0.9.15.  This is fixed in CVS.

Tangential question: is uClibc binary compatible between versions? On
a previous project of mine I installed a new runtime environment on the
target machine, and it wouldn't boot: everything failed with "can't
resolve symbol" errors. Can I just drop in 0.9.16 as a replacement for
0.9.15?

--
Bruce J.A. Nourish <kode187 at kode187.net>