[uClibc]openssh configure errors

Jens Andersen rayman at skumler.net
Fri May 31 20:50:43 UTC 2002

> If you look at the config.log file, I think you'll find the failure
> is probably due to linking with the incorrect support libraries.
> You probably need to turn off nsl and have a uClibc version of libz.

I'm getting the exact same error and after checking the config.log I see that it
errors like this:
configure:7750: checking whether snprintf correctly terminates long strings
configure:7766: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized$
configure:7769: $? = 0
configure:7771: ./conftest
./configure: ./conftest: Permission denied
configure:7774: $? = 126
configure: program exited with status 126

A little later it complains about "Your OpenSSL headers do not match your
library" which I'm pretty sure it do...

configure:8297: checking whether OpenSSL's headers match the library
configure:8314: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized$
configure: In function `main':
configure:8308: warning: implicit declaration of function `SSLeay'
configure:8317: $? = 0
configure:8319: ./conftest
./configure: ./conftest: Permission denied
configure:8322: $? = 126
configure: program exited with status 126

Again the same permission denied...
With my limited C/programming in *nix experience I can't tell why it ends up
being non-executeable.

Also about your comment about nsl and zlib, sure, I can compile a special zlib
without any problem and use it, but about nsl, should I simply remove -lnsl from
the files or? (Makefile or so)

And finally a last question :)
Any idea how I could compile openssh statically?
I can't seem to find a "direct" way to do, so I'm assuming I would have to add
something to config somewhere?
Thank you in behalf
Jens Andersen