[uClibc]openssh configure errors

Amir Malik amir at virusexperts.com
Mon May 27 19:08:34 UTC 2002

I'm building a tiny floppy-based Linux distro, and so far have succeeded in
compiling busybox, tinylogin, ipchains, mbootp, udhcp server/client, and
some others, but am having problems compiling OpenSSH's ssh/sshd.

Has anyone succeeded in compiling OpenSSH? I have tried 1.x and 3.x
versions... I am sure I am doing something stupid as it is listed on the
applications page as "working"!

When I try to compile openssh-3.1p1:

# echo $PATH
/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin/:blablabla...

# ./configure --without-pam --without-lastlog --without-utmpx --with-ipv4-
default --with-lib=/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/

checking whether snprintf correctly terminates long strings... no
configure: WARNING: ****** Your snprintf() function is broken, complain to
your vendor

i'm assuming the above is not a fatal error.

checking for OpenSSL directory... configure: error: Could not find working
OpenSSL library, please install or check config.log

then i reconfigure by adding the --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl (which is where
OpenSSL is installed; it compiles fine with glibc; in fact, i dont even
have to add --with-ssl when compiling with glibc!)

it then dies with the same OpenSSL error.
my config.log can be found at http://amir142.dhs.org/config.log

Any help would be appreciated!

Amir