[uClibc]directfb pthread linking problems

Alex Song alexsong at comports.com
Sat May 25 15:53:18 UTC 2002

At 12:57 AM 05/25/2002, Erik Andersen wrote:
>On Fri May 24, 2002 at 05:36:56PM +1000, Alex SONG wrote:
> >
> > i just updated from cvs and tried to build uclibc-directfb again and now
> > the uclibc-ldd crashes when i try to run it and normal ldd returns:
>
>Doh!  I forgot to check a couple of little things when making
>the ldd fix.  I just checked in a fixed fix and it now works
>properly for me.  Sorry about that.  Try again?

tried it again, now uclibc-ldd doesn't crash any more but libpthread still
doesn't seem to link properly with directfb still. do you know who
originally submitted that directfb was compatible with uclibc ? i would be
interested to know how he/she got directfb to work with uclibc.

building just with PATH set produces the following when uclibc-ldd is run:
         libdl.so.0 => /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/libdl.so.0
         libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0
         libc.so.0 => /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/libc.so.0
         libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6
         ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2

libpthread is still linked to the glibc one.

building with PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH set produces the following when
uclibc-ldd is run:
         libdl.so.0 => /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib//libdl.so.0
         libpthread.so.0 => /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib//libpthread.so.0
         libc.so.0 => /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib//libc.so.0

the uclibc loader should also be present here but it is not, so something
is broken here too.

do you have any idea what this might be caused by ?

cheers,

alex