[uClibc]directfb pthread linking problems

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri May 24 05:13:49 UTC 2002

On Thu May 09, 2002 at 12:35:02PM +1000, Alex Song wrote:
> hi,
>
> from uclibc web site it said that directfb was supported. i tried this out
> and got some pthread linking problems.
>
> i used both 0.9.9 and cvs versions of directfb and 0.9.11 and cvs versions
> of uclibc. i enabled thread support in uclibc and the architecture is x86.
> to compile directfb i changed my path and then ran configure and then make.
>
> after compiling directfb i did a ldd (the uclibc one) on the compiled
> library and i get this:
>
>         libdl.so.0 => /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/libdl.so.0
>         libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0

The problem here is that both the uClibc and the system versions
of libpthread have the exact same soname: libpthread.so.0.  It
turns out that when I last updated the dynamic library loader to
ensure it would always find and load the correct library, I
forgot to update the ldd app to match.  Fixing that now,