[uClibc] fopen doesn't set errno?

Joseph Chiu josephc at idealab.com
Tue May 21 20:06:33 UTC 2002

A test program (trying to open /etc/hosts that doesn’t exist) gives the
wrong value for errno -- it should return ENOENT (2), but doesn’t:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <errno.h>
int main() {

  FILE *fp;

        if ((fp = fopen("/etc/hosts", "r")) == NULL) {
          printf ("Error %d\n", errno);
        }
        return;
}

# ./foo
Error 716676704
#

I’m running top-of-CVS, on MIPS Linux 2.4.18.   I tried to follow the trail
of function calls, but am stuck trying to figure out where/what __libc_open
is.

Thanks.
Joseph

(BTW, I first mentioned this problem when I was discussing problems with the
resolver.)

--
Joseph Chiu, Developer, idealab!
josephc at idealab.com  (626) 535-2819