[uClibc]Problem linking with libpthread [FIXED???]

Jonathan Hankins jhankins at homewood.k12.al.us
Tue May 21 18:13:37 UTC 2002

Hey Manuel,

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 11:22:56AM -0600, Manuel Novoa III wrote:

> Do the thread tests in tests/pthread exhibit the same behavior for you?

If I cd into tests/pthread, and do a make, it runs for a while, with
lots of screen output :-) and finished with exit status 0.  I have a
complete log of the output from make, if you want me to e-mail it to you
(~42K lines)

Once it is done, running uclibc ldd against the ex* binaries shows the
same problem -- linking against glibc libpthread.so (and consequently,
glibc's libc.so and ld-linux.so linker.)

> If not, and they work, could you humor me and try something like
>
>    gcc test.c -lpthread -lc -lpthread -lc

This also shows the same problem -- linking with the wrong
libpthread.so.

Let me know if you need more verbose output, the make log, or if there's
anything else I can do!

FWIW, I have also experimented building uclibc under slackware 8.0
(my normal build host is debian) with a slightly different version of
gcc, and again under debian, but with a uclibc built against gcc-3.0
instead of 2.95 -- no change in symptoms :-)

-Jonathan

Jonathan Hankins	Homewood City Schools

jhankins at homewood.k12.al.us