[uClibc]Resolver error when missing /etc/hosts

Joseph Chiu josephc at idealab.com
Tue May 21 05:21:59 UTC 2002

Really?  I swear I did a CVS update this morning.  *clickity*click*tap*   I
*am* current (1.30).  I see that the fix went in on rev 1.29.

But somehow the supposed changes for revision 1.29 doesn't seem to work in
my case.  :(  It looks like errno != ENOENT by the time it gets to the check
in case NEDB_INTERNAL...

In fact, a test program I wrote gives the wrong value for errno (should be
2, if my ultimate trail chasing to asm/errno.h is correct)

I am running this on MIPS Linux 2.4.18 and uClibc from the top of CVS...  I
tried to follow the source, but seem to be getting a bit lost. Can anyone
help or point me in the right direction?  (Maybe a problem in call to open()
in stdio.c???)

Thanks,
Joseph
---

# ./foo
Error 716676704
#

#include <stdio.h>
#include <errno.h>
int main() {

  FILE *fp;

        if ((fp = fopen("/etc/hosts", "r")) == NULL) {
          printf ("Error %d\n", errno);
        }
        return;
}