[uClibc]scanf in mips arch.

ljw ljw at ialink.com.tw
Wed May 8 09:44:14 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I noticed a problem while using my mips-uclibc-based
system. While I used ps, the PID of every process is
wrong but I look into /proc entry, the information there
is right.

So I do some small tests here.

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  int a, b;

  printf("Input a ==>");
  scanf("%d", &a);
  printf("a = %d\n", a);
}

The result,

# ./test_scanf
Input a ==>123
a = 23
#

Everytime I run the test, it kept ignoring the first digit of the number,
and if I only enter one-digit number it would behave strangely and
stoped. I looked into the ps.c in busybox and found sscanf is used
while extracting the PID from proc entry. So, I can see why the
showing pid of the processes in ps are 0(if the real PID is one-digit)
or lost the first digit of it.

What's wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Gary