[uClibc]compile uclibc only with static gcc

Claus Rosenberger Claus.Rosenberger at rocnet.de
Fri May 3 09:26:56 UTC 2002

> On Thu May 02, 2002 at 10:17:39PM +0200, Claus Rosenberger wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> i created a linux-image like described in the LinuxFromScratch. But if
>> i try to compile uclibc instead of glibc i got following errors :
> [----------snip---------]
>> is it possible to build a system with uclibc instead of glibc ?
>
> yes.  For a simple example, see
>    http://uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/buildroot/

thanks, nice tool. why the ldd in ldso/utils is always link against glibc
and not against uclibc ? can i change this ? i want to use ldd in the
embedded environment so i need an staticly linked ldd or link with uclibc.

>> features.h is in the include-subdirectory of uclibc. why make can't
>> find it ?
>
> Because you did not tell gcc where to find the
> include-subdirectory of uclibc.

so i need to -I in the compilerflags ? is it enough to include this
directory or do i need other dirs ?

> -Erik
>
> --

Claus