[uClibc]Conflicts between libgcc's exit and uclibc's exit.

Martin Proulx mproulx at okiok.com
Wed Mar 20 19:51:00 UTC 2002

Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Wed Mar 20, 2002 at 01:17:32PM -0500, Martin Proulx wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I'm currently working on making uClibc work under uCLinux for the i960.
>>I'm using GNU's gcc 2.95.3 and binutils 2.11.2 configured for the
>>i960-intel-coff target.
>>
>>One on the problem I'm encountering is that gcc inlines calls to its own
>>initialization procedures (symbol: ___main) and furnished a termination
>>routines (symbol: _exit).
>>
>>Those functions are defined in libgcc2.c.
>>

> -fno-builtin is supposed to take care of that...
>
>  -Erik
>
> --
> Erik B. Andersen             http://codepoet-consulting.com/
> --This message was written using 73% post-consumer electrons--

Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't seem to work.

Using -fno-builtin doesn't solve either the problem that gcc modifies
any C main program to call its own ___main.

I might be missing something though...

I believe that the answer may lie in gcc's configuration while compiling
it.  There are quite a few macros that can be defined or undefined to
modify gcc's behavior according to initialization and termination.

I'll be reading, but if anyone already knows the answer, I'd be glad to
hear about it!

Thanks!

Martin