[uClibc]gcc wrapper problems

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Sat Mar 16 15:37:45 UTC 2002

On Fri Mar 15, 2002 at 10:54:26PM +0000, Alex Holden wrote:
> Hi, I'm having a problem when I try to compile Microwindows with shared
> library support using uClibc's GCC wrapper- the final link of nano-X
> fails saying that a couple of global structures (defined in one of the
> shared libraries) are undefined symbols. The shared libary support in
> Microwindows works OK when using native GCC, though obviously that
> causes it to link against Glibc instead of uClibc. I'm using gcc-2.96
> (from RedHat 7.1) on x86.
>
> Any ideas what might cause this, or how to debug the problem further?

I've had scattered reports of these types of problems.  I'm very
anxious to get this fixed!  If you can run
    strace -o logfile -f -F -s 512 <gcc wrapper command that fails>
and then send me the logfile that would be terribly helpful.  I
got such a logfile yesterday, but it was with uClibc 0.9.9 and
since the wrapper has changed considerably since then, the bug it
was demonstrating no longer existed...  So please test with the
latest from CVS.  Thanks!