[uClibc]I need informations about compilatiopn with uclibc (libraries ..)

Thomas TESTASECCA thomas.testasecca at etictelecom.com
Thu Mar 14 14:29:50 UTC 2002

hi all,

i work with an ARM720T system with a linux embedded kernel, the uclibc
is great and very small.
It works very well, but not every programs compile correctly !!!

The mahor problem is wtmp/utmp (updwtmp), it's very often that i try
compiling something and that i get for example:

[root at isis mgetty-1.1.28]# make
/home/cross-arm/arm-linux/bin/gcc -o mgetty mgetty.o logfile.o do_chat.o
locks.o utmp.o logname.o login.o mg_m_init.o modem.o faxrec.o ring.o
faxlib.o faxsend.o faxrecp.o class1.o class1lib.o faxhng.o io.o
gettydefs.o tio.o cnd.o getdisk.o goodies.o config.o conf_mg.o do_stat.o
utmp.o: In function `make_utmp_wtmp':
utmp.o(.text+0xd0): undefined reference to `updwtmp'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mgetty] Erreur 1

Is wtmp/utmp supported by uclibc, if yes does this feature needs to be
enabled ? and how can i tell to ld where is the definitions ?
I've tried in givinbg the -lutil option and it changes nothing .

Another question is how can i do to compile a soft that needs libnsl ?
or another standard C library ?

I want to compile sysVinit, and mgetty , does somebody has succeded in
compiling these ?

thanks for ur time

thomas TESTASECCA