[uClibc]pppd 2.4.1 and pppoe experiences?

Karl Peters karl.h.peters at gmx.net
Wed Mar 13 21:22:32 UTC 2002

Hi,

Does anyone runs this successfull with uclibc?

With the actual pppd patch from this list and the cool patch for uclibc,
pppd compiles fine.

But then the  problems:

-When I start pppd the first time, it immediately quits.It wrote a few
lines to syslog:

-The second time it starts and waits for demand dialing, when a demand
comes it writes only:
Sending PADI. Then nothing, but the process is running.

The debug option in the option file does not do anything.

I use the same configuration (files) like under debian, and there it
works (and the debug option shows things after the Sending PADI message).

So have anyone an idea?

Has anyone success with pppoe and uclibc?

Are there alternatives for pppoe under uclibc?

I do need kernel mode pppoe because the mashine is limited in its
resources. I think roaring pengium is no alternative, because it needs
pppd (with pppoe).

cu
karl peters

P.S.: The pppd build is i586 optimized, could this be a reason? I will
try it with default i386 in the next days, but is it a possibility?