[uClibc]C++ support

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Mar 13 16:39:13 UTC 2002

On Mon Mar 11, 2002 at 06:56:08PM -0800, David Meggy wrote:

> I read this on the news on the main web page.
>
> <quote>
> Another very nice change is that we can now build full GNU toolchains
> (binutils/gcc) that target uClibc. This brings full C++ support to
> uClibc. A C++ toolchain is currently being tested, and will be publicly
> released in the next couple of days, so stay tuned.
> </quote>
>
> However when I try and build gcc as a cross compiler for arm-linux, I get
> an error that it can not find crti.o.  Is there something else I need to
> activate to get this to work?

So far, the C++ toolchains that are working are built using
arm-elf, and do not support shared libraries.  I've been working
on getting the <arch>-linux toolchains working and I just about
have everything working.  I'll post my toolchain, sources,
Makefile, etc as soon as I finish the last bit off.  I am really
hoping to finish it off today,