[uClibc]C++ support

David Meggy david at techsol.bc.ca
Tue Mar 12 02:56:08 UTC 2002

I read this on the news on the main web page.

<quote>
Another very nice change is that we can now build full GNU toolchains
(binutils/gcc) that target uClibc. This brings full C++ support to
uClibc. A C++ toolchain is currently being tested, and will be publicly
released in the next couple of days, so stay tuned.
</quote>

However when I try and build gcc as a cross compiler for arm-linux, I get
an error that it can not find crti.o.  Is there something else I need to
activate to get this to work?

I'm using binutils 2.11.2, gcc 3.0.4, and uclibc 0.9.9

I compiled uclibc version 0.9.9 with the following options

ARCH_CFLAGS=-mthumb-interwork
HAS_MMU = true
HAS_FLOATING_POINT = false
DO_C99_MATH = false
HAS_SHADOW = false
HAS_LOCALE = false
MALLOC = malloc
UNIFIED_SYSCALL = false
DOLFS = false
INCLUDE_REGEX=false
INCLUDE_RPC = false
INCLUDE_IPV6 = false
UNIX98PTY_ONLY = true
ASSUME_DEVPTS = true
DOPIC = false
HAVE_SHARED = true
BUILD_UCLIBC_LDSO=true
SHARED_LIB_LOADER_PATH=/lib
DEVEL_PREFIX =/usr/local/armdev/tools/gcc3-cross/
SYSTEM_DEVEL_PREFIX = /usr/local/armdev/tools/gcc3-cross

and gcc with the following options

/home/david/source/gcc-3.0.4/configure --target=arm-linux \
--prefix=/usr/local/armdev/tools/gcc3-cross/ --enable-languages=c,c++ \
--with-cpu=arm7tdmi --disable-nls

David