[uClibc]compiling errors for pppd with uClibc

Karl Peters karl.h.peters at gmx.net
Tue Mar 5 20:59:05 UTC 2002

Geoffrey Espin wrote:

>>pppd v. 2.4.1 is listed as an app which should compile with uClibc. I am trying to
>>do this but cannot succeed. Any help is appreciated!
>>

>Please check the mail archives -- I've posted (patches) about
>this a few times very recently.

Hi,

I also try to compile pppd 2.4.1 (like I wrote in a previous posting)
and see your patches.

I immediately copy & paste them in two file and try to patch with them.
But I don't know, I am doing something wrong:

# patch < sys-linux.c.patch
patching file sys-linux.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 2030 (offset -28 lines).
patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line                        <- this
I mean
Hunk #2 succeeded at 2109 with fuzz 1.

and

# patch -p0  < uclibc\ rand.patch
The next patch would create the file uClibc/include/ieee754.h,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n]
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.  (repeated a few times)
File uClibc/libc/misc/internals/interp.c is not empty after patch, as
expected
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
uClibc/libc/misc/internals/interp.c.rej
patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
patch: **** malformed patch at line 895:

Any suggestions? What I do wrong?

cu
karl peters