[uClibc]Re: BusyBox `msh' doesn't work correctly with vfork / uClibc

Stefan Soucek ssoucek at coactive.com
Tue Mar 5 17:35:33 UTC 2002

This path was cut against the last busybox CVS version before the big reorganization of the source tree. We have been using this msh ever since on mmu-less ARM and it worked flawlessly compiled with an arm-linux-* tool chain. Last week, we began the switch to a more up-to-date tool chain based on arm-elf and msh doesn't seem to like it - it quits with an "illegal instruction" error. I suspect that the vfork() "surgery" missed something; but I am not sure  how the too, chain influences this.

-Stefan