[uClibc]pppd 2.4.1 + pppoe

Karl Peters karl.h.peters at gmx.net
Mon Mar 4 19:52:20 UTC 2002

Hi,

uclibc is a real cool work. I compile successfully some programs with
it, but with pppd there are some problems.

As written in the application run lists on the homepage pppd 2.4.1
should run with uclibc, but something I do wrong.

When I try to compile pppd 2.4.1, this error message(s) is shown:

sys-linux.c:81: netipx/ipx.h: No such file or directory
sys-linux.c: In function `sipxfaddr':

OK pppd 2.4.1 with pppoe patch doesn't compile too. Here is the abort
before in the pppoe module:

/usr/src/ppp-2.4.1.pppoe4/pppd/plugins/pppoe/pppoe_client.c:203:
undefined reference to `error'

I can prevent this abort by commenting the lines eith 'error' function
in it out. But then I come  the abort like without patch.

Needless to say, that with glibc pppd (with patch) compiles with no abort.

Does anyone successfully compiled/used pppd with pppoe under uclibc?

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help and excuse my bad english.

bye
karl peters