[uClibc]Bash still linked to libc.so.6

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 4 09:35:48 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm new to this list, so bear with me if I ask
something already answered: I'm still browsing
the 7Meg mbox archive to catch up... ;)

When I compile bash 2.05a, it's linked to the
new uclibc 0.99, but whether I used termcap
or ncurses, the bash binary remains linked to
libc.so.6, because both ncurses and termcap libs
were created in this way ?

How to solve this nicely ? I may not want to
disrupt my existing system. Is there a way to just
link statically termcap inside bash, and the rest
remains dynamic ?

Basically, I'm trying to do a linux from scratch
with the uclibc... ;) Any help is appreciated.

Rgds,
Christian