[uClibc]MIPS shared libs not working for lib loading

Beaulieu, James A. beaulieu at ti.com
Thu Jun 27 01:09:11 UTC 2002

Greetings.

I am working with the tip of the CVS tree for uClibc (6/26/02) little endian
MIPS. Everything is working fine using the shared library routines for the
system libraries. Unfortunenty, programs such as pppd and iptables that use
the dlopen function call to load shared objects fail with a seg fault. It
seems that the return value is a bogus address.

The compiler is currently a mipsel gcc 3.1 compiler. I am looking into the
routines now on why this is failing, but this is going to take a bit of time,
as I am still learning my way around the code.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated. Solutions are even better. :)

Thanks.

Jim

--
James A. Beaulieu
Providing a daily dose of surrealism to everyone's day.