[uClibc]ARM7TDMI Pthread/uClibc Questions

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Jun 21 15:57:11 UTC 2002

On Thu Jun 20, 2002 at 07:14:24PM -0500, Jay J. Williams wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm somewhat new to uClibc, and have a few questions regarding its use
> on the ARM7.

Well, arm7 is not especially specific.  The arm7tdmi, for
example, has no mmu and therefore is a special case.

> 1. What is uClibc 0.9.12 current support for pthreads on the ARM7?

Works fine (with or without an mmu).

> 2. Is there shared library support for the ARM7?  If not, is there anybody
>    working on it?

Works fine.  For mmu-less (i.e. arm7tdmi) shared library support
has been completed by two separate companies, but has not been
submitted to me for inclusion in the library.

> 3. Is there is QuickRef that explains how to build a crossdev toolchain
>    for the ARM7 (target=arm7 host=i686)?
> 		binutils, gcc, uClibc, etc...

Well, yes.  See the second most recent "latest news" item on the
uclibc web page for one such example.