[uClibc](Newbie?) Make error, or am I missing something?

Gene Cumm grcumm at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 3 21:25:33 UTC 2002

--- john riehl <jr at i-bucks.com> wrote:
> At 12:17 AM 6/2/02 +0200, Cor Lem wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I've been building LFS systems for some time now. Following the same
> >approach I'm trying to build a minimal Linux-system capable to boot, log to
> >a logserver, do portforwarding, act as a gateway + firewall and do a
> >'adsl-login'. Hopefully fitting on 2 diskettes max.
>
> <snip>
>

> >5) Tried to build uClibc, make failed with:
> >stdio.h: No such file or directory
> >stdlib.h: No such file or directory
> >string.h: No such file or directory
> >unistd.h: No such file or directory
> >

> I inquired about a possibly similar problem, with no response.  Instead of
> using an lfs, I was using a standard install.   I tried to install uclibc
> in a different library by changing DEVEL_PREFIX, when I ran into the
> problem of uclibc being unalbe to find common headers.  There is a note in
> the uclibc file (either config or makefile, where the devel_prefix is set),
> that the devel_prefix is pointing to an area that includes gcc etc.  You
> might try setting devel_prefix to point to your gcc.
>
> jr

I use a different prefix for my system.  I have all of uClibc in /mnt/micro and
I believe the problem is the pointer in the config file to the kernel and its
headers.  I've changed KERNEL_SOURCE and DEVEL_PREFIX.  I created a sym link
for SHARED_LIB_PATH for development. Everything works fine for uClibc.