[uClibc](Newbie?) Make error, or am I missing something?

Cor Lem c-lem at gmx.net
Sat Jun 1 22:17:15 UTC 2002

Hello,

I've been building LFS systems for some time now. Following the same
approach I'm trying to build a minimal Linux-system capable to boot, log to
a logserver, do portforwarding, act as a gateway + firewall and do a
'adsl-login'. Hopefully fitting on 2 diskettes max.

The I've came up with so far:
- a kernel (needles to say ... )
- Busybox
- iptables
- uClibc

I started out trying to compiling uClibc on a LFS-3.3 build system the same
way I do glibc:
1) I made directory's and /dev entries in the build-dir

2) Copied over a static build of bash, binutils, bzip2, diffutils,
fileutils, findutils, gawk, gcc, grep, gzip, make, patch, sed, sh-utils,
tar, texinfo and textutils (in a separate /static dir-structure)

3) mounted /proc, set the enviroment and chrooted to the build-dir.

4) Kernel-headers:
cd /usr/src/linux &&
make mrproper &&
make include/linux/version.h &&
make symlinks &&
mkdir /usr/include/asm &&
cp include/asm/* /usr/include/asm &&
cp -R include/linux /usr/include &&
touch /usr/include/linux/autoconf.h &&
chown -R 0.0 /usr/include/{linux,asm}

5) Tried to build uClibc, make failed with:
stdio.h: No such file or directory
stdlib.h: No such file or directory
string.h: No such file or directory
unistd.h: No such file or directory

I understand something is missing, but what? Would like to request advice /
pointers on how to proceed from here - TIA

Best regards,
Cor Lem