[uClibc]install_target and SHARED_LIB_LOADER_PATH

Jason Bodnar jason at shakabuku.org
Mon Jul 1 03:02:59 UTC 2002

In the Makefile, under the install_target target there are the following commands:

mkdir -p $(PREFIX)$(SHARED_LIB_LOADER_PATH); \
ln -s $(TARGET_PREFIX)/lib/ld-uClibc-$(MAJOR_VERSION).$(MINOR_VERSION).so \
      $(PREFIX)$(SHARED_LIB_LOADER_PATH)/$(UCLIBC_LDSO) || true;

When doing make install_target I execute the following:

$ make PREFIX=/home/jbodnar/projects/mp3/filesystem install_target

which cause the two commands above to be executed like so:

+ mkdir -p
/home/jbodnar/projects/mp3/filesystem/home/jbodnar/projects/mp3/build/i386-linux-uclibc/lib
+ ln -s //lib/ld-uClibc-0.9.11.so
/home/jbodnar/projects/mp3/filesystem/home/jbodnar/projects/mp3/build/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0

which is definitely not what I want. Why is $(SHARED_LIB_LOADER_PATH) being
used for make install_target? According to the Config file:

SHARED_LIB_LOADER_PATH=$(DEVEL_PREFIX)/lib

# DEVEL_PREFIX is the directory into which the uClibc development
# environment will be installed.   The result will look something
# like the following:
#   DEVEL_PREFIX/
#       bin/            <contains gcc, ld, etc>
#       lib/            <contains all runtime and static libs>
#       include/        <Where all the header files go>
# This value is used by the 'make install' Makefile target.  Since this
# directory is compiled into the uclibc cross compiler spoofer, you
# have to recompile if you change this value...
DEVEL_PREFIX = /home/jbodnar/projects/mp3/build/$(TARGET_ARCH)-linux-uclibc

So, if SHARED_LIB_LOADER_PATH is based on DEVEL_PREFIX which is contains the
"development environment" but I only want the "runtime environment" I don't
think the commands from the Makefile are correct.

--
Jason Bodnar
jason at shakabuku.org
http://www.shakabuku.org