[uClibc]malloc problem?

Joseph Chiu josephc at idealab.com
Sat Jul 27 05:49:46 UTC 2002

I’ve been trying to track down a tinylogin su problem that started after I
grabbed the latest CVS two days ago (prior to that my uclibc was about 6
weeks old).  I traced the problem and found that su would segfault inside
malloc() (malloc-930716/malloc.c).

The segfault would not happen in the MALLOC=malloc version of malloc.  I
tried back-rev’ing malloc to a many-months old version of the
MALLOC=malloc-930716, but I still get a segfault in malloc.

I dunno if this means malloc itself is broken, or tinylogin or uclibc is
broken somewhere else that hosed malloc, but I’m a bit at a loss how to
debug this problem.   Can anyone on the list suggest how I might approach
this, please?

I’m on linux 2.4.18-mips, BTW.

(BTW, does gdb work with uclibc? Last time I tried to build gdb on my
platform it was a mess, and I haven’t tried since.)

Thanks,
Joseph

--
Joseph Chiu, Developer, idealab!